Forums

Communauté Narnienne : [Spoilers] ABQJournal Sports Lobos wait for a call

Ce forum est momentanément vérouillé et ne peut accueillir de nouvelles contributions.

Attention ! Ce sujet comporte des spoilers susceptibles de gâcher votre surprise.
Auteur Message
  • Statut : Arrivant
  • Pays : France

The New Mexico Lobos haven t had a player chosen in the NFL draft since 2010, when the Washington Redskins took offensive lineman Erik Cook in the seventh round with the 229th pick.

Will the drought end in 2013? Maybe, maybe not.

Regardless, several former Lobos are confident 鈥?draft or no draft 鈥?they ll be in NFL training camps come July.

Tight end Lucas Reed said this week he s heard from more than half of the NFL s 32 teams.

NMSU s #3 Donyae Coleman makes the tackle on UNM s #97 Lucas Reed during their game as the Lobos fall to the Aggies 42-28. Saturday ,Oct. 1. 2011.

The most interested teams are the Ravens, the Texans, and I want to say the Eagles, Reed said.

Wide receiver Lamaar Thomas said he has heard from about 10 teams. I ve gotten good feedback from the Broncos. They actually called me twice and a few times before that.

Free safety Freddy Young told the website nflmock.com he s had workouts with the Broncos, Bears, Raiders, Texans, Packers, and Bills.

Hermes Birkin Bag 35 Leather Sienna Gold I think I ve really opened some eyes, Young said. Teams have given me a lot of positive feedback.

If any Lobos are to hear their name called during the draft, it s likely to be one or more of the above. And if that happens, it almost certainly won t be until Saturday, when rounds four through seven bring the event to conclusion.

There s a small chance, Reed said. I m a preferred free agent for almost all of the teams that have called me and a draftee for some of them.

Depending on how they feel that day it will determine if I go into the draft. Right now, it s sixth-seventh round preferred free agent.

Thomas paints much the same scenario.

I m on some teams draft boards Hermes Birkin Bag White Silver and on some team s priority free-agent lists, he said, so you never know what s gonna happen until the draft actually goes off.

Based solely on their 2012 statistics as Lobos, none of these three Lobos would appear to be an NFL prospect.

Reed, 6-foot-6 and 247 pounds, functioned mostly as a blocker in UNM s run-oriented offense. He caught five passes for 37 yards with no touchdowns.

Thomas, 5-11, 187, was expected to play a major role in the Lobos passing game. But there was almost no Hermes Birkin bags passing game to play a role in, and he finished with 15 receptions for 165 yards and one TD.

Young, the son of former New Mexico State star and NFL Pro Bowl linebacker Fredd Young, was fourth on the team last season with 59 tackles with two tackles for loss.

None of the three made so much as All-Mountain West Conference honorable mention in 2013.

Last month, however, Reed, Thomas and Young all had excellent performances at UNM s Pro Day, with NFL talent evaluators in attendance.

That s true, as well, for former UNM kicker Greg Rivara.

The former St. Pius and New Mexico Highlands athlete never attempted a field goal for the Lobos, although he handled kickoff duties last season. At UNM s Pro Day, with an Arizona Cardinals scout looking on, he booted a 60-yard field goal and a couple from 55 yards out.

Rivara has taken a page from the book of Norwegian kicker Havard Hermes Birkin Handbag gray golden Kickalicious Rugland, who put a video of himself on YouTube and wound up signing a contract with the Detroit Lions.

My idea was to create a bold statement, Rivara said. Within two hours of posting the video I got 300-plus views.

From the scouts I ve talked to, they re really impressed with my speed and my bench , just my overall athleticism.

Other 2013 Lobos who are likely to sign free agent contracts include offensive tackle Korian Chambers and long snapper Evan Jacobsen.

Some would say it s better not to be drafted in the final two rounds, because a desirable player then can field multiple offers as a free agent.

Reed would like to hear his Sac Louis Vuitton Lockit name called, but would love to sign with a team that has a real need at tight end.

If I get drafted by a team that s stacked with tight ends, there s not a good chance for me to be a backup, he said. I don t want to get sent to a team that doesn t need tight ends right now.

Thomas said he has dreamed of being drafted since I was 7 years old, so obviously that would be great.

whether my name gets called within the seven rounds or not, I know I ll get an opportunity to get into camp and actually be able to show what I can do. That s the most important thing to me and my family.

Consultez d'autres forums